Based in Berlin, Germany
When it's done.
PC / Mac / Linux
|to be determined|
Death Trash is a post-apocalyptic action role-playing game where cosmic horrors crave humanity but meet punks with shotguns. Influenced by cyberpunk, science fiction, horror, grotesque art and stories and black humor. Use realtime combat, stealth, dialogue, item crafting and psi powers to explore and survive this mystic post-apocalyptic world with larger-than-life beings.
Death Trash began life in the summer of 2015 through art and ideas. A few weeks later full development started by one-man-team Stephan Hövelbrinks. James Dean joined the project later, responsible for all audio parts of the project. Death Trash has been written about on major gaming sites and shown at events like PAX East to great reception and now has a thriving community through Social Media and its Discord Server.
- A post-apocalyptic world with punks, science fiction, cosmic flesh titans, grotesque elements, sexual references and trash-talking
- Gameplay featuring combat, stealth, dialogue, inventory management, item crafting
- Thick atmosphere, fresh dialogue and harsh combat
- Grungy pixelart style unique to this game
- Visual character customization and roleplaying attributes, skills and perks
- Use psi powers in and out of combat
- Any character in this world can be killed
- Empowering the player by building on imagination, freedom and choices
- Supports both mouse/keyboard and controller
- Optional local co-op where a second player can drop in and out anytime
There are currently no trailers available for Death Trash. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
Selected Articles and Quotes
- "Grungy, dirty, sexy and sweary"
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The pixel art is seriously impressive."
- Samuel Horti, PC Gamer
- "The world of Death Trash is gross, but you won't be able to look away"
- Chloi Rad, Killscreen
- "I love you and your game, Stephan!"
- John Romero, Twitter
- "Death Trash's art is amazing"
- Chris Avellone, Twitter
- "A vulgar cyberpunk RPG set in a grotesque post-apocalypse"
- Chloi Rad, IGN
- "Confronting, Brutal and Grotesque: ‘Death Trash’ oozes Post-Apocalyptic Glamour"
- Katrina Filippidis, popOptiq
- "Death Trash Is A Grimier, Scarier, Nastier Fallout"
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The scenes in Death Trash are so vivid you forget it’s pixelart, it’s a world that is begging to be explored."
- , bareknuckledev.com
- "Just looking through some of the games pictures made me forget about "Fallout 4" for a brief moment at least."
- Robin "V-Act" Ek, thegg.net
- "Death Trash jouit d'un pixel art rudement bien dosé"
- At0mium, IndieMag
- "...an unusually gritty and violent role-playing game..."
- , 80 level
Follow the development on twitter.com.
Join the community on discordapp.com.
Like the game on facebook.com.
Give feedback and comment on indiedb.com.
About crafting legends
'crafting legends' is for the most part Stephan Hövelbrinks ('talecrafter'), who began the path of self-taught game development in 2010, coding, painting and designing his own projects. Having finished a bunch of small games, including 'One game a week' for a while, he is now actively working on Death Trash, a post-apocalyptic pixelart roleplaying game.
More information on crafting legends, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Death Trash Credits
Design, Art, Code