Based in Berlin, Germany
2021 August 5th (Early Access)
Xbox One | Xbox Series X|S
Playstation 4 | Playstation 5
|to be determined|
Death Trash is a post-apocalyptic action role-playing game where cosmic horrors crave humanity but meet punks with shotguns. It combines old-school role-playing, modern action gameplay and player freedom. Create your own character and explore a handcrafted world. Death Trash is an open-world, singleplayer role-playing game with handcrafted levels, a strong story campaign and optional local co-op gameplay. The game features real-time gameplay with ranged and melee combat, stealth, multiple choice dialogue, an inventory of items and worms, a crafting system, and skills like pickpocketing and puking.
Death Trash has been in development since 2015. Most of that time by a solo developer plus audio freelancer. Since 2020 we're upscaling to a small team. Death Trash got some attention right from the start, was written about by Rock Paper Shotgun and other gaming portals, showcased at Unite 2016, at PAX East 2018, and was a highlight by press and gaming audience alike during E3 2021, followed by a playable demo during Steam Next Fest to incredible positive reception.
- A post-apocalyptic world with punks, science fiction, cosmic flesh titans, grotesque elements, sexual references and trash-talking
- Gameplay featuring combat, stealth, dialogue, inventory management, item crafting
- Thick atmosphere, fresh dialogue and harsh combat
- Grungy pixelart style unique to this game
- Visual character customization and roleplaying attributes
- Use special powers by implants in and out of combat
- Any character in this world can be killed
- Empowering the player by building on imagination, freedom and choices
- Supports both mouse/keyboard and controller
- Optional local co-op where a second player can drop in and out anytime
Early Access Date Announcement Trailer YouTube
A Taste Of Meat Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Selected Articles and Quotes
- "PC Gamer's Best of E3 2021 Awards"
- PC Gamer, PC Gamer
- "Death Trash is going to be such a great game!"
- John Romero, Twitter
- "Grungy, dirty, sexy and sweary"
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The world of Death Trash is gross, but you won't be able to look away"
- Chloi Rad, Killscreen
- "Confronting, Brutal and Grotesque: ‘Death Trash’ oozes Post-Apocalyptic Glamour"
- Katrina Filippidis, popOptiq
Follow the development on twitter.com.
Join the community on discordapp.com.
Like the game on facebook.com.
Watch trailers on youtube.com.
Find us on twitch.tv.
About Crafting Legends
A game development studio from Berlin, aiming to create experiences that are worth to be remembered. We are currently working on our first commercial game, Death Trash.
More information on Crafting Legends, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Death Trash Credits
Design, Art, Code
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks