Based in Berlin, Germany
2017 or later
PC / Mac / Linux
|to be determined|
Death Trash is a modern post-apocalyptic role-playing game with action elements and a focus on the narrative and dialogue. Use realtime combat, dialogue, item crafting and psi powers to explore and survive this post-apocalyptic mystic world with larger-than-life beings. Death Trash is still at an early stage of development and the next step will be a playable prototype.
Stephan, the creator of Death Trash, took part in a 'Daily Art Streak' in the summer of 2015 and experimented with pixel art and isometric perspective. He stumbled upon a post-apocalyptic world similar to that of Fallout, but the following days saw the addition of grotesque, science fiction and sexual references as well as trash talking, and slowly but with a strong pull, the world of Death Trash unfolded. Inspired by the roleplaying classic Ultima 7 with it's focus on a living world as well as the narrative heavy Planescape: Torment, he knew this world had to be created as a roleplaying game with influences of both.
- A post-apocalyptic world with punks, science fiction, large flesh beasts, the grotesque, sexual references and trash-talking unlike anything seen before
- Colorful and noisy pixelart style developed for this game
- Thick atmosphere, rich dialogue and a diverse set of characters
- Any NPC can be killed
- Empowering the player by building on imagination, freedom and choices (see also the Death Trash Manifest: http://deathtrashgame.tumblr.com/post/142780556048/the-death-trash-manifest)
- Dialogue System that doesn't pause the game and allows canceling anytime
- World simulation through realtime situations: combat, dialogue, item crafting, npc behaviors
- Use psi powers in and out of combat
- Built with modern PC gaming in mind, supporting both mouse and gamepad controls
- Local Co-op where your partner can drop in and out anytime
There are currently no trailers available for Death Trash. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Logo & Icon
- "Grungy, dirty, sexy and sweary"
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The world of Death Trash is gross, but you won't be able to look away"
- Chloi Rad, Killscreen
- "Confronting, Brutal and Grotesque: ‘Death Trash’ oozes Post-Apocalyptic Glamour"
- Katrina Filippidis, popOptiq
- "Death Trash Is A Grimier, Scarier, Nastier Fallout"
- Adam Smith, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "The scenes in Death Trash are so vivid you forget it’s pixelart, it’s a world that is begging to be explored."
- , bareknuckledev.com
- "Just looking through some of the games pictures made me forget about "Fallout 4" for a brief moment at least."
- Robin "V-Act" Ek, thegg.net
- "Death Trash jouit d'un pixel art rudement bien dosé"
- At0mium, IndieMag
- "...an unusually gritty and violent role-playing game..."
- , 80 level
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Follow the development on twitter.com.
Like the game on facebook.com.
Give feedback and comment on indiedb.com.
About crafting legends
'crafting legends' is for the most part Stephan Hövelbrinks ('talecrafter'), who began the path of self-taught game development in 2010, coding, painting and designing his own projects. Having finished a bunch of small games, including 'One game a week' for a while, he is now actively working on Death Trash, a post-apocalyptic pixelart roleplaying game.
More information on crafting legends, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Death Trash Credits
Design, Art, Code